Interpreter Services
  • Public school districts are required to take whatever action is necessary to facilitate a parent or guardian’s understanding of and participation in IEP and Section 504 meetings. This includes the provision of interpreter services for parents/guardians whose native language is not English or a sign language interpreter for parents/guardians who are deaf or hard of hearing. In the absence of qualified interpreters on staff, school districts may use outside vendors, including telephonic interpreters. Parents/guardians have the right to request that an interpreter provided by the school district serve no other role during an IEP or Section 504 meeting, and the school district must make reasonable efforts to comply with that request.  To request an interpreter or if you have any questions or complaints about interpretation services, please contact Dr. Tiffany Burnett at 708-210-2888.