Internet Safety Curriculum
The district will provide Internet Safety Instruction to all students grades 3-8. The instruction and activities will be age appropriate and address the topics of internet safety as outlined below.
The purpose of this curriculum is to inform and help protect students from inappropriate or illegal communications and solicitation, by helping them understand the threats and risk, including fraud, child predators, and other dangers that can be present on the internet.
- Safe and responsible use of social networking, websites, chat rooms, electronic mail, bulletin boards, instant messaging, etc.
- Recognizing, avoiding and reporting online solicitations by sexual predators.
- Risks of transmitting personal information on the Internet.
- Recognizing and avoiding unsolicited or deceptive online communication.
- Recognizing and reporting online harassment and cyber-bullying.
- Reporting illegal online activities and communications.
- Understanding copyright laws on written materials, photographs, music and video.